Saturday, February 4, 2012

Guest Bedroom Makeover~ RL & Burlap

Today I thought I would share a bedroom makeover I did this week....Using what I already have....Just bought a new Ralph Lauren comforter set from T.J Maxx...I thought this particular set would look great with my burlap pillow slips...Some recent finds...vintage beaded light bulb covers...these are very hard to find! I found them at an estate sale for only 5.00 each! Right now they are nesting in this 3 tier wire display with other vintage treasures until I find some pretty lamps to use them on!

A close-up of some vintage silver brushes, mirrors, antique lace, millinery flowers, tiaras, etc..
A vintage dress form dressed all in cream, from head to toe...
One of my favorites, Hanging on the closet door, Is the antique dress slip covered in vintage lace around the bottom!! So pretty!! I hope you all are having a wonderful day! Be sure to check back, I will be posting about some more recent finds....



8 comments:

Antiques In Old Town said...

Love your new spread ! The room looks so inviting.

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Your guest room is beautiful! I especially love that vintage overmantle shelf in there :)

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Love your pretty bedroom. The color in the spread is perfect with the burlap pillows. Love that look.
Also, the bulb covers are wonderful. I didn't know there was such a thing. Very pretty.

hugs
Sissie

Cheryl said...

It would be like stepping back in time going in that bedroom! Love it!

Been following you for a while not sure if I have commented yet. Anyway, I love your blog.

Take care.
Cheryl

trash talk said...

A room to dream in...both asleep...and awake.
Deb

Cheryl said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments! Heading out this morning (2 estate sales) out of town for more treasures! I am looking for a chandelier for this bedroom...Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Cheryl :)

Kim Gillian said...

I LOVE YOUR ROOM!
-Kim :)

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

"Use what you have decorating" is the best kind. So fun and satisfying!
Your room looks wonderful. I think I am in love with the framed rose print (painting?) above the bed. Gorgeous!
:)
~Becca~