Wednesday, January 12, 2011

~Bedroom Makeover~Recent Finds!!

Hello Everyone...I know it has been a while since my last post. I just can't blog as much as I would love too! So today I thought that I would share with you what I have been working on!
My bedroom makeover...No more pink pillows, floral bedspread, pink vintage accessories, fake flowers, so no more shabby chic pink! I have always loved more of an antique french Victorian look anyway. There are so many inspiring blogs out there to encourage you to find your style!
Well, I have found mine. I love most things Victorian and ornate in design. Silver trays, ornate
antique frames, silver trophy's, antique garden treasures, rhinestone jewelry, and dress forms!
Paris trophy on a sliver tray, Thinking of replacing these purple flowers with
some pretty white roses...just thinking...

No more pink floral hats hanging over my headboard.
This antique crocheted tablecloth looks much prettier!!

Just one of my favorite recent finds on Etsy.com is this wonderful
burlap pillow cover...Love It!!

Out with all the pastel McCoy pottery, Kept just the white pieces,
I brought in all my vintage cake toppers from my dining room,
I love how they look behind glass doors! Pretty!
Some recent finds...a vintage style crown for my favorite dress form, and
a wonderful old rusty iron plant stand, I just added tea-stained roses!
Here are some before pictures from the past year....
I am so loving the new look....out with the old and in with the new!! No more hats, just about sold them all, just a few more to
list on eBay. Let me know if you collect them. I am selling
most of them for only 20.00-25.00 each. They are really pretty!
I hope you all have enjoyed this mini makeover...I am
in the process of redoing the master bathroom. Stay tuned...
Wishing you all a wonderful new year!! Thanks for stopping by!!






10 comments:

suzeeez said...

Your room looks very pretty and has a very relaxed atmosphere. Great job.
:o) Sue

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Your bedroom makeover looks just beautiful ~ I have to admit, that I like how it looked before :) Both ways are gorgeous! What is your seller Id on Ebay? I'd love to take a look at your items.

Warmest hugs, Brenda

Cathy said...

I LOVE your bedroom makeover! Soooo Chic!!! I love the crown you put on the dress form! Look forward to seeing pics of your next project!
Cathy aka GGJ

Cheryl said...

My seller name on ebay is cottage-white I will be listing new items tomorrow.

vintagesue said...

wow cheryl!!! i'm surprised you aren't keeping your hats!! lol. don't come to my house...i have gone on the opposite end of the white/cream spectrum!!! i have more color in my house than i have in a long time! that is what is so fun about decorating. you just do what ya want and you can always change it!!!
i have always loved that PARIS loving cup. it is priceless.
oh...i've been loving romantic vintage...the book. i can't seem to stop looking at it!! hot pink, bright green and turquoise, purples, florals galore and even brown! wow..where have i gone. haha
loving all your pretties!!! good luck with your ebay sales!!! i know you have pretty things. hope the booth is awesome still too.
take care
sue

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Ooh, I love the change. Looks very pretty.

hugs
Sissie

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Love what you have done:) It is so pretty and relaxing looking.
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

julie miller said...

Creamy, dreamy, wonderful about sums it all up!!! Love your new look! Smiles, Julie

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Cheryl ~
I LOVE your bedroom
makeover!! It is just
gorgeous! I am in the
process of changing
my room from pinky
shabby chic to the
colors you did ~ I am like
you not sure what color
to do my bathroom so I will
be interested to see what
people suggest for you ~

xoxo
Lori

ILoveCollecting said...

Fabulous!! Beautiful! Love your cake toppers...

see mine here:

http://ilovecollecting10.blogspot.com/2010/02/something-old-something-new-vintage.html

http://www.ilovecollecting10.blogspot.com/