Wednesday, March 25, 2009

~*~Dress Form Divas~*~





Dress forms are fun to dress with vintage finds from estate sales, yard sales, and flea market finds! Whenever I find vintage jewelry, millinery, and vintage clothes, it's great to layer items on them! You can never have enough embellishments!  This J.R Bauman dress form with the cage bottom is my favorite. Believe it or not I found it at Goodwill for only $35.00  The second picture is how I have it dressed with my favorite pink roses apron.  The third pictured is a form that a customer brought to me to sell, when I had my own antique store a few years ago. She just knew I would love it, and sold it to me for only $40.00 Included with the form was the 1920's all beaded flapper dress and glass beaded antique hat! What a great deal! The last of my dress forms (pictured above) that I found at a yard sale, I just decoupaged vintage barkcloth fabric to her and added a vintage hat, different strands of  lovely pearls, and draped some beautiful vintage lace over her shoulders. I love them all, it is hard to pick a favorite, but I believe I have them in order of favorites. If I should come across another dress form, I will just have to add it  to my collection! They really make a  lovely statement to any room in your house! 

4 comments:

sepiadreams said...

Love them all!!!! Love Tiina...

Secondhandrose said...

Oh my, such pretty clothes. The flapper dress is my hands down favorite. Lucky you with all those dress forms. Come for a visit.
karen

Rachel Knoblich said...

Dress forms are so fun. I have a wire one that I picked up at a garage sale for $10. I have white lights inside of her...then she has vintage white clothes on. She makes a perfect lamp/light source. I get compliments on her all the time. I haven't named her though. I probably should! You have such beautiful things. I want to come live in your girly land home!

Cheryl said...

Hi Rachel! I would love to see your dress form...I bet she is too cute! Don't worry about naming her, I've never named mine either. Speaking of names ..Didn't you sell/buy on ebay at one time? What was your seller name? Thanks for the nice comment. I have added you to my favorites,too! Your house is very pretty...very cozy cottage! :)